Saturday, June 25, 2011

June

So E got to participate in his first piano recital this Spring. He did great!! He played one piece that his teacher picked out and then she asked him to play one piece that he had written.


He did great on both pieces. I am pretty sure that he didn't mess up at all! We are so proud of all that he has accomplished through piano with only 1 year of lessons!


He got an award at the recital for getting Superior marks at the Spring Clinic! He was the only young student that got to participate! We thought it was so funny to see him up there with all of the high school Juniors and Seniors! There were a few 4th and 5th graders too!


E with his teacher Ms. Shirley. We love Ms. Shirley! She has been such an encouragement to E this year! She always takes time to listen to the songs that he has written and help him in any way that she can. I could not have asked for a better teacher!


We decided to have a little cookout at the house one night. We all cooked our hot dogs and smores over the fire. The boys thought this was great fun!


We ended up staying outside until after dark. We had alot of fun teaching E and L to play ping pong and taking walks around the block. The boys were riding scooters and bikes though! No walking for them!

It was such a fun and relaxing night! The boys are already asking if we can do it again! I loved that we ended the night with a Bible story about Gideon!


The boys have both been really into dressing up as pirates! It is soo cute! L had already lost the eye patch by the time I got the camera out!! They call each other "Captain Hook" and "Smeed." The playground is the pirate ship. I love how they use their imaginations! (or maybe they are just copying their new favorite show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates!"


Here is A.P. before church one day! I was trying to catch a smile and was being very unsuccessful! I do love Sundays so that I can get her all dolled up!!


Here is Cale and the kids on Fathers Day!


They all love their daddy!! I cant blame them though! He is a pretty good daddy!!

One night I finally decided that I was going to need help if I was going to catch a smile on camera. So Cale and the boys entertained A.P. while I snapped a few pictures!! And we finally had some success! She is sooo pretty when she smiles!


Not that I am proud of her or anything!!!


This is what we do most of the time!! We all sit around and entertain her! It is amazing that she will play by herself at all! One of us is talking to her all of the time almost!! (yes, that is a Sonic cup in the floor! we had just made a night time Sonic run. it is our summer guilty pleasure!)


I just took this picture this morning! The boys are always asking to hold her and I dont say yes very often so I thought that I should snap a picture!!



No comments:

Post a Comment