Monday, January 25, 2010

Bible Story Books

Since I had my first baby 6 years ago, I have been on the search for a good Bible book to read to my kiddos! We have bought a few through the years but I have found them lacking in many ways.

This was the first book that we bought. It is pretty good. There are many interesting facts to go along with the stories and good application questions that you can ask your kids at the end. My problem was that it left out quite a bit of information and that the stories are written so that Moses is telling his own story so he uses "I" and "me" throughout the story. Very confusing!!
This book is meant to be read every day. Good idea!! The problem was that they broke down the stories over three or four days!! My boys didnt want to stop at just one page. They also left out alot of information in the stories.

Cale's mom got this book for Ethan for his birthday. So far it has been very good. It is basically reading straight from the Bible, but there are pictures to go along with the stories. Some of the wording goes over their head, so we have to stop and explain what is going on. I would rather do that than have to fill in a bunch of things that the book left out!!
Here is a picture from the book. This is the story of Noah and the ark.


The one funny thing about this book is that Jesus has blonde hair!! I am hoping that the reasoning behind this is to make him stand out from the other people! It is REALLY bright!






No comments:

Post a Comment