Friday, May 21, 2010

My Favorite Food

I love to go to the Pesto Cafe in Fayetteville. It is kind of expensive so we don't go very often. But when we do, I love to get Caprese. (Not sure about spelling??) I was really wanting some the other night so I decided to try and make some at home.
First I started with making homemade pesto. I looks gross but it is really good!!!

This picture really bugs me because it was blurry, but it was the only one that I had. Not sure why I only took one picture. ANYWAY, when you take the pesto and add it to a baguette, top it with tomato soaked in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and then top it with a slice of mozzarella you will think that you have died and gone to heaven! It is wonderful!!! I will definitely be making this again!!
Obviously this was not a kid recipe so that night I made the kiddos Baked Ziti. It was also yummy, but it does not compare to the Caprese.

I used the pesto recipe from this month's Taste of Home magazine. I only wish that all of the recipes that I tried turned out this good!!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about the first dish (I am pretty picky) but the baked pasta dish looks YUMMY :O)

    ReplyDelete