Friday, April 30, 2010

Failure

I am not a very adventurous cook. I usually wait until one of my in-laws tries a new recipe and then I steal it from them, claim it as my own and take it to my side of the family. My family thinks that I am this wonderful cook!! But honestly I am not. I steal!!
So recently I received an offer from the Taste of Home magazine to purchase a one year subscription for only $6.00!! It was a great price so I sent in the money and not long after got my first magazine in the mail. I was determined to try several recipes! I did and several of them were good. I made some green onion and cheddar biscuits that were wonderful!!
This next thing was not a success I am sorry to say. I was trying to find a recipe that would encourage the boys to try something new and to try something that included lots of veggies.

It also had Capers in the recipe and Cale loves Capers. Win Win right??
WRONG!!!
This recipe was terrible!! I ended up throwing the whole thing away. Unfortunately the boys didn't even get to try it because Cale and I didn't like it. I was left with a problem after cooking this because it was supposed to be our dinner.
So we decided to throw some turkey and cheese on the bread and toast it. You cant go wrong with Turkey and Cheese!!

Not every recipe that I try is going to be a success. I know this and I know that I need to keep at it. It is really hard though when something does not turn out like you hope!!

My newest Taste of Home has some wonderful looking desserts! I am hoping to try some of them soon. You cant go wrong with desserts, right???



2 comments: