Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sewing Class

I try once a week to get together with some friends and learn how to sew. Some of my friends are much better at it than me and have much more experience!! But it is fun and we get alot of visiting/talking/sharing/encouraging done and maybe a little sewing too! We are all stay-at-home moms of young kids and so this night also serves as a way for us to keep our sanity.
The other night while I was at my sewing class working on this skirt...

that will later be sewn together with this top....

to make this little dress for my niece, Brynlee, Cale and the boys were at home working on another thing all together!!

They made a house!! And these are the little faces that greeted me when I walked through the door!!

They wanted daddy to help them build a house and this is what they came up with!! All week long it has been in our living room and they have played with it every day. E has even colored the "bricks" and "walls" on the inside. They added play food and a mailbox on the side (that Cale even wrote a letter to each of them and put in the mailbox) and even a blanket!

That night Cale also made homemade chocolate chip cookies and gave the boys baths! I was so impressed that I called him "Super DAD" all night! He really is a good daddy and works really hard to do special things with the boys. If they grow up to be just like their daddy that would be wonderful!!

Sewing class not only helps me keep my sanity it also gives Cale a chance to bond with his boys!!

2 comments: